Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the beginning of the end
This mail to me was sent on 02/20/2022, also on the same date to members in Australia. Means the person sending this mail has done so twice. If it is from Mike then it means he has hit hard times and moved to Bangladesh one of the poorest countries in the world. At any rate there will be no payout ever so best ignore the mail.

Why are Counselor's posts being deleted - like to hear what he has to say.
I just received the below from a reader of this forum.

This member posted a copy of an email that was supposedly from Mike. You argued that it didn't really come from Mike, and I now know that you are correct. However, I didn't see your message until after I had clicked on the link.

When I opened my computer this morning, I received a warning message from Malwarebytes or Avast about the Emotet Trojan. Now I have to watch my bank account and credit card account. My email account may be in danger of spreading this to everybody on my contact list.

I think this post might be dangerous.

(23-02-2022, 05:37 PM)Mike\s Nemesis Wrote: This mail to me was sent on 02/20/2022, also on the same date to members in Australia. Means the person sending this mail has done so twice. If it is from Mike then it means he has hit hard times and moved to Bangladesh one of the poorest countries in the world. At any rate there will be no payout ever so best ignore the mail.

Why are Counselor's posts being deleted - like to hear what he has to say.

I deleted my posts, not realizing they would still show up as a deletion on the forum. Sometimes I had problems getting my replies to appear under the correct post. Sometimes I changed my mind about posting at all.
that reader is Counselor as I saw that text posted from him hours ago.
The Emotet warning is being sent automatically since several days ago from Avast to all their customers and has nothing to do with the update. I know other people who received it and have no relationship with the e65 at all.
(22-02-2022, 12:21 PM)Bogor Wrote: As stated in an earlier post, it is NOT Mike as the person behind is placed in Bangladesh.

Could they have used a VPN that was set to show from different countries?

(24-02-2022, 06:17 AM)Counselor Wrote:
(24-02-2022, 05:30 AM)martin_argentina Wrote: that reader is Counselor as I saw that text posted from him hours ago.
The Emotet warning is being sent automatically since several days ago from Avast to all their customers and has nothing to do with the update. I know other people who received it and have no relationship with the e65 at all.

That's good to know. Maybe it is a coincidence that as I was reading the warning about Emotet yesterday morning, I received a call from Bank of America about two unauthorized charges on my debit card. So I connected the unauthorized charges to accessing the link. I did receive the email giving me access to a new Telegram for registered members. Time will tell whether this is genuine or if it is another fake Telegram.

A bank employee told me the charges were due to someone who got the numbers from my debit card and were not due to my bank account being hacked.